This past weekend I was lucky enough to be able to attend Bloggy Bootcamp in Chicago. I met up with over 100 of my friends along with the awesome SITS girls for a great day of learning, networking, and fun. I won’t get to my wrap up post until this weekend but I did want to share some of the pictures from the weekend with you. If you want to see all of the pictures that I took (not very many either) you can check them out on my Flickr page.
Dressed up with accessories from Ross!
One of the highlights of the day was meeting the Empress!
The Friday Night Dinner Crew & the SITS Girls
Amy, Julie, and I on the Skydeck
Alright, if you didn’t already know I’ll be heading to Chicago this weekend for Bloggy Bootcamp which is an incredible one day blogging conference hosted by the SITS Girls!
Of course I’m excited to be going and that I’ll be meeting up with some old friends, Julie & Elena (my roommates), Jen and then meeting some new people as well! Kmama, Mother’s Hideaway, and Coffee Lovin’ Mom. Of course there are so many others that are going to be attending that I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know but it’d take a lifetime to list all 125 women!
I can’t forget the SITS girls who will be our hostess’ for the day, Tiffany and Francesca! Because without them we all wouldn’t be going to this great event or learning everything that they have to offer through their website. Seriously, they’re incredible!
Oh, one of the cool things about going to Bloggy Bootcamp…. My SITS day was just the other day! It’s like the holidays have come early!
So for those of you who haven’t met me I’ll give you a bit of background in case you don’t feel like poking around here all day trying to figure things out.
- I’m married to a pretty good guy who puts up with all my social media addictions and idiosyncrasies. A big thank you goes out to him for letting me get away this weekend and staying home with the kids.
- I have 4 kids. Yup, you heard me right. And even more fun is that there are 3 girls (15, 11, 9) and 1 boy (19 months). Big age gap, huh?
- I work full time outside the home as a product owner at a small software development company in Michigan. It’s a good job and a even better place to work but it’s not my dream job.
- I’m somewhat reserved and I suppose that at times I can come across as mean/rude/bitchy or something along those lines. But believe me I’m none of those things (at least I don’t think I am). I just don’t know what to say and have this fear of looking/sounding like an idiot.
- I can be fun so come talk to me. Please…. don’t leave me alone sitting in that hard chair in the corner.
- Yes, I’ve been stressing over what to wear. Do I change before the cocktail party? Should I dress up or go more casual? Do I find something new or wear what I have? Ugg…. decisions… decisions. I really need Tracy to help me!
- This is my second blog conference so I can officially say that I’m not a newbie. This May I went to Gleek Retreat right here in Michigan and had a great time! I suggest that you check it out.
- I love social media! A lot. So much that I have a goal to make a career change and find a job in the social media field.
Come find me and say Hi!
By the way... this is me.