I happened upon a post from Nicole over at Moments that Define my Life and that tab has been open ever since. Yes, I did it on purpose… it was a reminder so I could take part in her meme, A Listable Life. Then
I forgot life happened, but I was quickly reminded and with a free moment or two I decided to go through with my idea for one of her prompts.
10 Things I’d Rather Do Besides Chores. Easy right? I mean who really likes doing chores? So creating a list with things I’d rather do easy… as a matter of fact I could probably come up with more than 10.
- Watch paint dry – Yes, you read that right. Staring at the wall while sitting on the couch is better than cleaning.
- Sleep – A nap any time of the day is just about perfect
- Bake – I love to bake and although it does lead to more work in the end it does provide a bit of distraction for a while.
- Write – If I had a free day (go ahead & laugh we all know it won’t happen) I could spend the day writing post after post and be so far ahead that I would have even more free time!
- Play a game – If I didn’t have chores to do around the house I could actually spend more quality time with my kids. Of course that implies that they’d remember me since I’m always busy with work or chores.
- Exercise – Go ahead and laugh. You’re right… I won’t do that.
- Read – Oh, how I love to read. I have shelves of books…. books I’ve read, books I haven’t read, books that I love so much, and others that are just okay.
- Scrapbook – I have a ton of scrapbook stuff and it seems that I never have the time to use it! It’s something that requires a couple of hours of time where I can sit and be creative.
- Use my camera – I love my DSLR. I really do… but I have yet to spend some quality time with it to figure out all the settings and what they do and the best uses for all the features.
- Shop – New clothes and shoes are always necessary. Right?
- Watch movies – Only the ones that are my absolute favorites though.
- Prepare for my American Idol audition – Let me tell you…. I sound so awesome in the car when I sing that I will sound even better in person. I just have to have the music playing in the background kind of loud. Think that will be a problem for them?
Alright, so I went over. I told you that I could come up with more than 10!
So what would you do instead of chores?