Summer is a time where we spend countless hours at the beach, splashing in the pool, visiting friends and family, and exploring fun locations near and far and of course we bring along our camera and phones and take tons of pictures. I know that I do…. okay… I’ll be honest with you. I take both my iPhone and my DSLR and take as many pictures as I can so I can remember all the special moments.
At the end of the summer I’m left with a camera full of memories that I now have to figure out how to preserve and lately one of the best ways that I can think of doing that is to create a photo book. I’ve done this several times and love it! My kids like to look through the books and talk about what we were doing and why I used “that” picture (which never fails to be one of them that they don’t like).
This year Shutterfly is running a great promotion! And the best part is that it’s easy to enter using one of those great summer pics that you took!
You can win a trip for four to The Bahamas and a professional photo shoot so you’ll remember your vacation forever (I love the idea of a photographer coming on vacation with us!). All you need to do is upload your favorite photo and caption based on the theme of the week. Get a gift from Shutterfly just for entering! You can enter at any point during the 5-week sweepstakes period.
• Week 1(7/9): Americana
• Week 2 (7/16): Great Outdoors
• Week 3 (7/23): Water Fun
• Week 4 (7/30): Sports & Activities
• Week 5 (8/6): Parties & Celebrations
• Instant win prizes just for submitting a photo!
• Weekly prizes (contestants can enter one time/week)
• Weekly featured photos: up to 5 weekly entries will be selected from the gallery and featured on the Facebook fan page and awarded a $500 gift card on Shutterfly and a copy of the new Lonely Planet travel photography book.
• Grand prize: trip for 4 to Bahamas, 4 nights, family photo shoot
Now to enter just follow this link and you’ll be there!
Of course there are official rules that you may want to check out.
I am working with Shutterfly to help promote their summer contest and in return they’re giving me a photobook. Of course all thoughts and opinions are my own!