I’m not 100% sure if this is okay to do. I asked around a little and everyone told go ahead… why not… and so on and so forth.
Anyway, so I’m doing it because it’s my first time going to BlogHer and I want to shout it from the roof tops. Well, not really because I’m not really the shout anything from the rooftops ever type of person.
So I’m going to BlogHer this year and I am pretty damn excited about it for a few reasons. Let’s list them out because it’s easier.
1. When I first started blogging I kept seeing all this talk on Twitter about about BlogHer and who was going and all that. It didn’t take me long to figure out that it was a big ol’ conference that just about everyone besides me was going to. I vowed that one day I’d go.
2. I’ve been trying to figure out how to really make a career out of social media and blogging. It’s been hard especially when I have a full time job and need it until I can replace it with something else. I was once told that I need to go to conferences and that it really helps make those connections that could boost my career. That has been stuck in my head since it was told to me and the more I read on blogs, Twitter, and conversations in private FB groups I realize that there is truth in it.
3. Most of my friends live in my computer. Sad I know but it’s true. I really want to meet all of those wonderful people that I have connected with over the years, I want to pick the minds of those who have done great things through blogging, and most of all I just want to say that all the people that I talk to daily are friends in real life… and not just in my computer.
4. This one might be most important. This little weekend getaway is much deserved! My husband takes snowmobiling and motorcycle trips throughout the year and the last two that he took resulted in a toddler puking all over himself, his car seat, and the car while driving 75 mph down the highway with 2 teens and a tween in the car. Oh.. and no place to stop right away. The other event was multiple sick kids or something… I can’t remember because I started blocking out all the bad things that happened while he was gone. Oh wait! I forgot the best one. The most recent motorcycle trip was over Mother’s Day… even though I said it was fine it would have been nice to have something special on that day.
A little about me? Well, you can check it all out on my About Me page.
Most lists because they’re easy!
1. I’m an introvert. Just like Shell explained in her post… I’m not mad, not a bitch, and I’m not stuck up. Please come talk to me!
2. I’m pretty open. Just ask me anything.
3. I’m a mom of 4 kids from toddler to teen. Because of that I can relate to just about anyone.
4. I’m not one of those young bloggers. This year I’ll be 41 years old… does that make me middle aged?
5. I like wine, chocolate, and most food. I LOVE food.
There are things that I’m worried about when it comes to a huge conference like this. I bet that a lot of people are.
1. Will I look like a moron? Will I be dressed right.
2. Will anyone even know who I am?
3. I’m not going to the sessions (it was the only way I could get to BlogHer). Will I be missing out on something really important?
4. What if I can’t speak to the reps in a way that conveys what I want & that I am the perfect person to represent them?
5. What if people think I’m strange?
The what if’s could go on an on. I’m a newbie… it’s sort of expected.
I plan on having a wonderful time no matter what. I am going to meet all the great people that I talk to online, who’s blogs I follow, and the really smart people who are doing exactly what I only dream of doing.
I’m going to go to parties and have fun.
I’m going to get dressed up (probably) and eat my dinner with a glass of wine and not have to worry about helping a toddler.
I’m going to hog the entire bed.
I’m going to take notes. Lots of notes.
I’m going to take lots of pictures.
I’m going to eat cheeseburgers, fries, and drink my beloved Diet Coke and not feel guilty about it.
I’m going to make the connections that I need to take that next step.
I’m going to relax and go with the flow because even though I am making all sorts of lists nothing goes as planned when there are thousands of people in one location.
This is me… everyday me. Not the cute me from my professional profile pics. This is end of the day, messy hair, smudged makeup, jammie wearing, tv watching mom with the cheesy smile.
Are you going to BlogHer this month?
Linking up with Shell from Things I Can’t Say for her weekly linkup, Pour Your Heart Out.