Well, I figured that it was about time that I updated everyone on my weight loss journey since it’s been almost 8 weeks. So let’s get started with the important stuff…
These are the measurements that I shared with you when I started the Cinch program.
Thighs: 25 1/2
And here are my stats as of August 6th.
Thighs: 24 1/2
BMI: 25.5 (I am SOOO close to the healthy range!)
I have to say that I am very happy with the results so far! But that’s not to say that I am slowing down or stopping because there is more weight to be lost, toning to happen, and goals to be met!
So with all that said there is a lot that I have learned over the past few weeks and it’s been great. So here’s my list…
Weight Loss – Lessons Learned
- Knowing the difference between eating when you’re hungry and when you’re not. OMG… this right here has been the biggest eye opening thing yet and if this is the only thing that I learn while taking part in the program then it’s well worth it. I am one that has always just eaten whenever I felt like it whether I was hungry or not OR I would wait to long and be starving and then just pig out on whatever I could find within arms reach. Bad…bad…bad! This has really changed the way I think about food and eating. More often than not when I think I’m hungry I reach for the water and drink it down and TADA! hunger is gone. Part of this is knowing how long ago I just ate, what I ate, and of course how active I’ve been. Understanding this has really helped me cut back and get a great jump start on my weight loss.
- Exercise. Yea, I’m slow getting to the game I know… I would do a little bit here and there but nothing daily, no routine, and no plan. Well, I figured it out…. walking, running, or doing something makes the weight move faster. So I’ve been walking almost every day and my goal is to get my average walking time to 15 minutes per mile. Now, I’m getting closer every time I walk unless I take Andrew in the stroller and then my time slows down a bit but it’s helping out a lot!
- The more you exercise the more you want to do it! If I skip walking one day the next day I really feel the need to get out there and do something no matter how warm it is! I’ve been getting out and walking no matter what the temp is and for me that is huge! I hate the heat.
- One day, all of a sudden you’ll notice that your clothes are to big!
- Most of important… it takes time. The weight didn’t appear overnight and sure isn’t going to disappear any faster. For a bit I felt defeated because the weight wasn’t going away but now I’m seeing great results!