I’m a little late to the game with this 40 before 40 thing. I mean I thought about it once in a while when I’d see other similar posts but then it would slip my mind until another post crossed my path. I mean the lists are supposed to be all the great things you want to do in your life… maybe they should be started when you turn 20 or something. Hmm… I’m not sure that the internet was around when I was 20… that means I wouldn’t have seen all those other lists.
My 40th birthday is less than 30 days away so even if I came up with a lame list and tried to do one thing a day I still couldn’t complete it because I don’t have that much time.
Instead here’s my list of 40 things to do before I turn 40 years old but made the list less than a month before my birthday so we’ll just pretend that I’m going to do a couple.
- Take a real vacation… you know to some place overseas. Some place beautiful and full of history.
- Take more risks and stop being so careful about everything.
- Open my own business
- Go to the Art Institute and become a pastry chef
- Figure out how to crochet something other than a really long chain
- Get over my fear of public speaking & vlogging
- Shopping spree in NYC
- Look hot in a bikini
- Write – not just here but fiction. Good fiction that will be published.
- Learn to swing dance
- Travel the US and visit historic places, Grand Canyon, Red Woods, etc
- Quit my job
- Do yoga at least once a week
- Redecorate my house to look like a magazine (HA… never will happen w/kids!)
- See a play/musical on broadway
- Get my bachelor degree
- Think about getting my masters
- Run a 5k without thinking I’ll die after the first 5 minutes of it
- Landscape my yard to look like a magazine (hmm… yard of clay… this may need to go on another list)
- Ride my bike for 10+ miles non stop
- Run for some sort of political office
- Take a zumba class (now this wouldn’t be a big deal but I did Wii zumba & I looked like a flaying fool & doing that w/others is HUGE)
- Go whale watching
- Spend a week on the east coast.. Maine or some place like that. I’m thinking beach house.
- Spend Halloween week in Salem
- Have a real plan on how to pay for college for my kids
- Learn a new language… I think French or Italian would be nice.
- See the Aurora Borealis
- Send birthday carda & thank you cards on time
- Don’t make anymore lists because they take to long and you know you won’t do them